Golden Road Aquatics (GRA) is a 501(c)(3) organization (Tax ID: 47-5200524) founded by Mike Lucero, President and Head Swim Coach, Christian Johnson, Secretary and Meg Gill, co-owner of the Golden Road Brewery. Golden Road Aquatics was established on March, 1st 2015 and chosen by the city of Burbank to represent their first Masters and Aquatic Fitness Program at the Verdugo Aquatic Facility.
President and Head Swim Coach Mike Lucero is supported by a core leadership team comprised of staff members in coaching, administrative and financial roles. Our elected staff members at Golden Road Aquatics are the driving force behind decision-making at all levels of the organization.
Golden Road Aquatics has grown from a small fitness and competitive team into a highly-rated organization. Our mission is to empower all swimmers and fitness levels to become their own champion in life. Our model of excellence became instant success and is embraced by others in the swimming community and around the globe. Our unique program is comprised of 150 swimmers, triathletes and professional swimmers pursuing international competition and the Olympic dream. Golden Road Aquatics is a great way to keep fit, make friends and have fun, while being a part of a healthy activity that can be continued for a lifetime.
- Building endurance and cardiovascular fitness
- Enhancing muscular strength, energy, power and endurance
- Aerobic capacity and anaerobic capacity
- Increasing performance across all distances
- Cultivating a positive mental attitude and high self-esteem
- Teaching the life lessons of sports and sportsmanship
- Motivating swimmers to strive for self-improvement and goal orientation
- Promoting fitness and teaching to strive for physical achievements
- Stroke and technique improvements
- Keeping heart rates up and taking impact stress off the body
- Helping to maintain a healthy weight, healthy heart and healthy lungs
- Providing an all-over body workout, using nearly all muscles
- Improving coordination, balance, posture and flexibility
- Providing a low-impact therapy for some injuries and conditions
- Utilize oxygen
- Feeling and looking younger with health and physical conditions
- Living longer
- Higher brain activity
- Healthier heart
- Lower risk of diabetes
- Helps stop asthma symptoms
See How Swimming Can Change Your Life!
Everyone in the pool has a story and everyone in the pool has respect for the person swimming beside them. No matter what your skill level is, there is always a place for you. Every person has an unique journey and we exploit our journey as we support each other in and out of the pool.
Golden Road Aquatics is supported by the following partners. As a 501(c)(3) organization, we depend on businesses, donors, volunteers and community partnerships to offer the best possible swimming instruction, fitness and training programs possible. Financial support is always appreciated, but donations of services and/or goods go a long way as well. Golden Road Aquatics offers access to a large membership and public opportunities to promote your company through signage, advertisement, give-aways, website recognition, e-blasts, and more.
If you’d like more information about other ways you can partner with our organization, please complete the interest form here.